I use del.icio.us to track, categorize, and blog-roll a variety of blog-links over on the left side there. I keep a list of Delaware blogs in general, a list of (mostly Delaware) political blogs, and a list of other blogs I enjoy.
Sometimes I wonder why I've let myself get sucked into so obsessively tracking the blogs here in Delaware. The web is meant to be a global community, and much of what I do on-line aligns with my communities of interest -- geospatial data, music, the Dead, blogging itself. Yet I still like to track those blogs that focus here on the 2,000 square miles of the First State. It is where I live, I suppose, and these are the people I see most often.
So here are some Delaware blogs I found today (and a few days ago too). In no particular order. A few are just-started; an early New Year's resolution or a Christmas present to the self. Others are a months or more old and have been hiding in plain sight.
- Bring Me Up -- A series of music reviews.
- Frank's Ramblings!! -- Frank posts things he finds on his daily travels.
- Creative Rants from Nerissa -- She says it is "her page; her rants." But there's more than ranting here.
- Blog Avenue -- "Jen's City Blog." About life in Wilmington, I think.
- Clockwork Jalopy -- "...where I park my many ideas and weird views." We all need that.
- Bienvenue Chez Seals -- A transplanted Frenchwoman in upstate Delaware.
- Just Purge -- "Clear your mind. Cleanse your soul."
- On Transmigration -- "Gay, Happy, not quite Ecstatic, and moving on to a new life and responding well to therapy."
- Jenny Q -- A mom From Newark, Delaware. With a teen. Bless her.
- katielynn -- Newlywed woman in Delaware.
- Everyday Hustle and The Fine Print -- These appear to be two young friends upstate. They each have their own blog, but there are cross-references.
- Useless Entertainment -- Music reviews, from Milton, Delaware.
- Another Gun Blog -- "...a 22 year old law clerk / college student and a gun nut."
- Blue Hen Hash House Harriers -- "...announcements and write ups for the Blue Hen Hash House Harriers, a Delaware drinking club with a running (stumbling) problem."
- Object of Complacency -- A young man. I think a Delaware high school student.
- Shoreman -- Keeping an eye on the shore from the Delaware side of Delmar.
- It's All Greek To Me! -- A teacher at a (Delaware?) Greek charter school.
- along the way -- She is "a writer, a minister, a friend, a sister, a daughter, and a wanderer" who also "manage[s] a church camp and conference grounds" in Bethany Beach, Delaware.
- VibrantPolitics -- A young man in Newark closely following the Democratic primaries.
- Average Girl In Average World -- An average person. Who blogs.
- Delaware Venable -- Fairly tightly focused on religion. Right-leaning Christian variety. A retired state trooper.
I will, of course, continue my practice of checking all of the blogs I link to each month to see if they are still active. Those with a month or more without new posts are moved out of the blog-roll and onto the inactives list. I do track their RSS feeds to try to catch them and re-add them when they come back to regular posting.
There are a small number of Delaware-based blogs that I find that I choose not to link to. These tend towards the virulently racist and anti-semetic. As a general rule, I don't link to blogs that feature collections of fascist iconography. Call me intolerant. It's my blog-roll.