Thursday, January 5, 2006

Minor Thoughts

What a Difference a Few Letters Make
At our office Christmas lunch, a colleague gave me a case of beer from around the world, including a six-pack of Pilsner Urquell, which is brewed in the Czech Republic. There were also beers from China, Ireland, and Scotland.

This evening, as I pulled the last of the Pilsner Urquells from the fridge, I was struck by a mental image of Steve Urkel, the character played by Jaleel White in the 1990's sitcom Family Matters.

Troubling.

Novel Idea
A minor joke has occurred to me that needs to be in a novel, which I guess I should write some time.

There's a saying: "Patience is a virtue."

There needs to be a character named Patience in my book. She should be a musician; I think probably a cellist.

So, at some point, someone will say "Patience is a virtuoso."

Sorry.

2 comments:

Nancy Willing said...

Mike, try not to post AFTER the six pack is consumed!!!!

Jeff said...

hey Mike,
if its any consolation, I've always heard that beer's name pronounced "Urkvel"
Kinda takes the Urkel stigma out of it.

Post a Comment